Linkage Time

Today I thought I could just dump some links I found noteworthy. First and foremost, I won't be posting links to any other blogs, neither on Blogger nor anywhere else, even though I've found many great ones which I check on a nearly daily basis. Right, then. On with it.

First and foremost, a bit of a quiz. I fancy myself a travelled type, yet I've never been south of the equator. This quiz claims to test your ability to understand the colorful idioms spoken in Australia. Not meaning to brag, I got 19 out of 20 on my first run through.

http://smartasses.org/aussiequiz.html

I'd like to know the opinion of my Aussie readers... if there are any.

Many of you may already have heard of Zlad!, A.K.A. Zladko Vladcik. For those who haven't, he's a fictional character created by the Australian producer and screenwriter Santo Cilauro. Zlad is the unnoficial mascot of Molvania. Here you can find lyrics, videoclips and recordings of his two would-be hits. i suppose you could check it out out of musical interest, but, if nothing else, it's a bit of a laugh. I should only warn you, one of them contains religious themes and may offend some. I hope it doesn't

Still on the laugh track, a very widely known site that should be new to very few, but I'll mention it anywhay, is bash.org. This is a collection of hilarious quotes from several types of Internet Chat programs (i. e., mIRC, ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger...). And, along the lines of that, out of the computer screen and into the streets of New York City, it's Overheard In New York. Same concept, pretty much, only not on the internet but in real life.

This one isn't funny, but I thought it was neat. Ever found yourself wondering what was some song you heard somewhere called sou you could look up the lyrics, but all you could remember was the rythm? Look no further. This is really helpful, especially if you know at least the interpreter. Mind you, it's a bit slow...

I'll just sign off now. I have a bit of a headache.

ArabianShark signing off... even though this isn't the Enterprise.

No comments: