Opera

No, wait, that's misspelt.

Oprah

Much better. Onwards, then, I shant be long. That would be a first...

So I gather Ms. Oprah Winfrey has airings of her worldwide known show, "Oprah", dedicated to her Favourite Things, in a long segment aptly named "Favourite Things". Any number of months ago, though it ran just moments ago (Ah, yes, the magic of re-runs...), one such airing enlighted the watchers on the process of selecting the Favourite Things. I might comment on the whole process, had I had more than a fleeting glimpse between switching channels, but instead I shall comment only on this quote of one staff member.

       "... [Oprah] gives small clues, like «this is my new favourite thing»..."

My, my, is that a small clue? Perish the thought of what a big clue should be. Perhaps an All-American Gas-Guzzling "ess-yoo-vee" with "Favourite Thing!" spray painted on the side on top of a picture of the "Favourite Thing" at hand? It rather is the sort of thing you've come to expect from that side of the ocean, money permitting (and, quite often, it does...), isn't it?

Pax vobiscum atque vale.

ArabianShark is, quite evidentely, procrastinating. But with a mere few days to go, you'd expect me to, wouldn't you?

No comments: