This was a triumph

I'm making a note here:
"Huge Success!"

So just over two weeks ago, I had made my way up north to take the very prestigious IELTS exam. After FCE, CAE and CPE, another exam couldn't hurt, right? Oh, yeah, and I do have that preliminary certificate I got for English as a foregn language even before I got into high school, but should I even bother to mention that? I guess it can't hurt...

I had been in training for three months for that (during which I had that little run into Fate. I coult take it heads on, no problem. I can safely say I even had a bit of fun, during the Speaking part, chatting to the examiner, Mz. Norton, lovely lady that she is. And today, I got my results in the mail.

Oh sure, split the hair that says that today is Sunday, and that the mail isn't delivered on Sundays. Go on, I'll watch. Really... Alright, so I didn't get them today, I just didn't bother to check my mailbox until today (although I did on Thursday, so the mail must have gotten here on Friday). Long story short, I managed to snag a band 8.5 (bear in mind that the scale only goes up to 9.0). So, yes, it seems I can speak, understand, read and write English.

Pretty awesome, isn't it?

Pax vobiscum atque vale.

ArabianShark really finds it hard to overstate his satisfaction. And now, to run some more experiments on the people who are still alive.

No comments: