What's with Aussie jokes?

Lately I've heard a ton of jokes about Australian people. What's that all about? Are the Australian a new stereotype, like, the new blonde? Most of the jokes I've heard aren't even original, they're just blonde or Essex Girls jokes with "aussie" instead. That and attempts to build on Sean William Scott's line from "The Dukes of Hazzard", "Oh, lets put another shrimp on the barbie!"

I used to think blonde jokes were funny. And jokes about the French. And lawyers. But "aussie jokes"... I don't know. They're just not my cup of tea. Maybe it's because most of them have already been made about blondes instead. Actually, all the blondes I've ever known are not one bit like the ones in jokes. Not shallow, stupid, and slutty like some evil anti-blonde conspiracy would have made you believe.

Anyway, is there an "aussie" stereotype? I've only met one aussie so far, and I'd have believed she was British.

Oi, crazy world. Don't let it get ya.

ArabianShark bids thee farewell... for now.

No comments: